Activities not eligible for Foundation support
Only in rare instances does the Foundation make project grants of less than DKK 500,000.
As a rule, the Foundation does not support projects which chiefly have local objectives and only retain a local base of support.
The Foundation does not, as a rule, award funding to cover running costs, administration and overheads for institutions (research institutions and institutes, nursery schools, playgrounds, schools, assembly halls, arts & culture centres, nursing homes, hospices) or organisations (including societies and clubs), but exclusively to project-related administration.
The Foundation does not undertake sponsorships.
Only exceptionally does the Foundation grant applications for residual financing or fundraising aimed at many foundations and sponsors.
Under the Foundation’s current policy, it does not, as a rule, fund undertakings such as:
- PhD studies, unless these are an integrated component of a VKR Centre of Excellence or a large research projects funded by the Foundation;
- postdoctoral projects outside of the Foundation’s own postdoctoral programme, unless these are an integrated component of a VKR Centre of Excellence or a large research projects funded by the Foundation;
- research projects with commercial purposes;
- study trips and stays abroad
- holding of and participation in conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.;
- event-style activities; theatrical performances; concerts; etc.
- private construction and restoration projects.